Browse Cache stores the live pricing search results made by every user on the Skyscanner website or from a B2B partner. We store them up to 14 days and we are not legally allowed to keep them around for longer. That also guarantees we serve fresh results and manage the expectations of the user. However this also means for less popular routes the cache can be out of date and not have any results for that journey. The browse prices should be treated as a good indication of price. See the usage on the Skyscanner website by searching for a month or to a country/everywhere.
Articles in this section
- Is it possible to get the cheapest price by date with prices for outbound and inbound separate, rather than combined?
- Why am I not getting results in my Browse Cache Service API request?
- Why does the Browse Cache API not match that of the live pricing?
- What's the meaning of the QuoteDateTime value in the response?
- Can I use latitude/longitude coordinates for origin and destination?
- How should I message browse prices?
- How do I use the Browse Grid service?
- Why are the browse prices inaccurate?
- Why don't I see prices updated in real time after I make a search?
- Can I get quotes in my Browse Routes/Dates response?